Summer 2016 Student Accomplishments
Published date: November 16, 2016
The Reginald F. Lewis College of Business at Virginia State University celebrated the following summer 2016 student accomplishments.
(1) Deshauna Barber (Management major and 11 grad) earned the prestigious title of Miss USA by winning the crown before a national audience on FOX. For additional information, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmORJmhh6HQ
(2) Aiyana Glover (Management major), Jawaun House (Marketing major), and Dennis McRae (Accounting major) were profiled in the new College of Business video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo3Iz9YexJ0
(3) Cameryn Smith (Accounting major and May grad) was named the CIAA Women of the Year! The award recognizes the top women in four categories including academics, athletics, leadership, and community service. Cameryn was in Durham on Wednesday and presented the award at a ceremony.
(4) Jarielis Garcia (Marketing major and May grad) earned a position as a Copyrighter at Soso Tabletop.
(5) Raven McGriff (Accounting major and May grad) and Frednesha Sanders (Management major and May grad) were recognized by HBCU Digest for Girlz at the Gate as one of the Best Student Organizations at a HBCU at http://www.hbcudigest.com/2016-hbcu-awards-finalists/
(6) Christopher Thomas (Management major and 16 grad) earned a full-time position as a Closing Consultant at CapCenter.
(7) Genaya Preston (Marketing minor and 15 grad) earned a position as a Program Manager at Ruffalo Noel Levitz.
(8) Ayesha Taylor (Marketing major and 12 grad) earned a new job as a Social Media Specialist at the Virginia Pilot in Tidewater.
(9) Chelsie Taylor (CIS Major) earned free membership in the national Black Data Processing Association (BDPA) because of the generous sponsorship of McDonald's.
(10) Brandin Harvell (Marketing major) earned a marketing internship at Colonial Parking in Washington D.C.
(11) Jasmine Green (Management major) earned a $100 scholarship to participate in the Leadership21 Summer Institute at Christopher Newport University.
(12) Ryan West (Accounting major and 15 grad) earned a position as an Analyst at Virginia Premier Health Plan, Inc.
(13) Cameryn Smith (Accounting major and May grad) was admitted to the VCU Masters in Accounting program.
(14) Tanika Mann (Accounting major) was admitted to the elite Harvard Summer Venture Management Program.
(15) Korie Collins (Accounting major) earned a paid summer internship in audit at KPMG for next summer.
(16) Marcus Yancey (Accounting major) earned a summer internship at the Urban League in D.C. in their Finance Department.
(17) Marquai Randolph (MISY major) participated in a meeting with Richmond Public Schools hosted by the RPS Foundation and helped develop a collaborative partnership to recruit students to the College of Business.
(18) Marquai Randolph (MISY major) attended an entrepreneurship forum in Richmond at Tredegar hosted by Governor McAuliffe. The Governor hosted Steve Case (Founder of AOL) for a conversation regarding entrepreneurship.
(19) The College's students were profiled in the College's most recent edition of its newsletter at: http://business.vsu.edu/files/docs/newsletter-spring-2016.pdf
(20) Asia Denwiddie (Accounting major and 15 grad) was admitted to George Mason to earn her Master's Degree in Accounting. Asia is our second grad in the last couple of years to pursue a M.S. in Accounting at GMU; Kayla Peck (Accounting major and 14 grad) graduated with her M.S. in Accounting last May.
(21) Oni Jordan (Management major and 12 grad) started two companies in D.C. to include The O Factory, LLC and a heat press company, i.e. Prop Art.
(22) Ellen Habte (MISY major) was selected to study-abroad for the fall semester in Thailand and will depart in September.
(23) Kaylia Rice (Accounting major) earned a paid summer internship in accounting at the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority in D.C.
(24) Daushay Campbell (Accounting major) earned a summer internship in the Office of the Inspector General at the Chicago Housing Authority as an Audit/Investigation Support Intern.
(25) Monet Graves (Marketing major) earned the prestigious Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship to study abroad in China. Awarded to no more than 1,150 students in all of the United States, the scholarship is reserved for the very best and brightest. Monet departs this month for China and as previously announced she will intern for Hiller Aviation China in Beijing.
(26) James Barber (Management major and 16 grad) was admitted to the VSU Project Management Graduate Certificate Program.
(27) Corey Young (Accounting major and 13 grad) earned a position as an Accountant at Richard Bland College.
(28) Janeva Benson (Marketing major and 15 grad) earned a position as a Customer Service Analyst at American Honda Motor Company.
(29) Frednesha Sanders (Management major and 16 grad) and Raven McGriff (Accounting major and 16 grad) were profiled in a COMING SOON TO TV film at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbSXYZHqPYk
(30) Sequoia Wright (Accounting major and May grad) earned a position as an Auditor/Accountant at Allmond & Company in Maryland.
(31) Chelsea Jackson (MISY major and 14 grad) earned a position as a Core Development Program Associate at the Virginia Department of Transportation.
(32) Everard Hughes (Accounting major and 12 grad) earned a position as a Staff Auditor at Allmond & Company in Maryland.
(33) Marilyn Craig (Accounting major and 11 grad) opened a restaurant, i.e. Greedy Spoon in Hopewell.
(34) Ashely Mitchell (Marketing major) created the College of Business Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Reginald-F-Lewis-College-of-Business-at-VSU-721129591322714/
(35) Chelsea Thompson (MISY major) earned a paid internship as an Information Technology Specialist with the U.S. Army at Fort Lee in the Software Engineering Center.
(36) Mykala Daniel (Marketing major and May grad) was admitted to the highly selective VCU Brandcenter for graduate school for fall 2017. Mykala will join Vanessa Brown (Marketing minor and May grad) as previously announced.
(37) Darryl Reynolds (MISY major and May grad) earned a position as an Information Technology Specialist at Boeing.
(38) Olivia Jackson (MISY major and 15 grad) earned a position as a Software Developer at the Federal Reserve.
(39) Shavon Daire (Management major and 15 grad) was admitted to graduate school at LIM College in New York City. LIM College provides a business major for every fashion interest.
(40) Jasmine Green (Management major) was selected to participate in a Virginia21 Leadership Institute to be held at Christopher Newport University from July 27th to July 31st. The institute is a highly selective program that affords Jasmine an opportunity to interface with leading industry and political figures in Virginia.
(41) Kevin Wiggins (Management major and 14 grad) earned a position as an Analyst at Catapult Consultants. Kevin is working on his M.B.A. at William & Mary.
(42) Jazmine Hollemon (MISY major and 14 grad) earned a position as an IT Generalist with our friend and VSU alum Laverne Jackson at her company Joint Logistics Mangers in Prince George.
(43) Shadarra Alexander (Marketing major) helped the College of Business host scores of middle and high school students in Singleton this week for workshops. For pictures, visit the College's Facebook site at: https://www.facebook.com/Reginald-F-Lewis-College-of-Business-at-VSU-721129591322714/
(44) Daushay Campbell (Accounting major), Korie Collins (Accounting major), Jhadee Gordon (Accounting major), Angelique Johnson (CIS major), Jasmine Johnson (Accounting major)Tanika Mann (Accounting major), Nahja Marinnie (Management/HR major), Kara Rogers (Management major), Marvel Taylor (Management major), Raquan Taylor (Accounting major), Brea White (Management major), and Zachary Wilkerson (Management major) earned paid fall/spring Finance Internship in the VSU Department of Finance.
(45) Amber Raymond (Management major) was profiled in the annual Virginia State University Donor Contribution Report at: http://www.vsu.edu/files/docs/advancement/annual-donor-contribution-report.pdf
(46) Aqilah Bullen (Marketing major and May grad) earned a position as a Branch Manager-in-Training for Mariner Finance in North Carolina.